Who Are We?
ONYX Business Parks Ltd and the individual sites listed on this website are developed and managed by ONYX Business Parks Ltd registered in England, (company number 12919636), as part of Burrington Estates Group Limited (hereafter referred to as ‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’).
Our registered office is at Winslade House, Manor Drive, Clyst St Mary, Devon, United Kingdom, EX5 1FY. For the moment, Burrington Estates Group Ltd, act as the data controller and data processor when processing your data. They are registered on the Information Commissioner’s Office Register; registration number ZA69511. Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Winslade House, Manor Drive, Clyst St Mary, Devon, United Kingdom, EX5 1FY.
Why We Collect Your Information
With your permission, we process your personal information to provide you with our products and services. If you enter into a business discussion with us we may then use your data to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations.
We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than as specified in this policy.
The Personal Data We May Collect From You Is;
- Home Address
- Personal Email
- Business Email
- Home Telephone Number
- Mobile Telephone Number
- Your IP address
- Any other information that you provide to us
How Your Information Is Collected
Your information will be collected only when you provide it to us and apart from your IP address will usually only be collected when you contact us, either electronically, in writing, or in person (including by phone).
Information you provide to us will be collected:
- When you fill in forms on our website
- When you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise
- If you register to use the website or the subscription service provided by the website
The only personal data collected when you visit our website is the IP address. Information collected during a visit to our website, includes:
- Your IP Address (an IP address identifies devices on the Internet)
- The type of browser, operating system and device you used to access the website
- The date and time you visited the website
- The pages visited on the website
- If you visited our website from another website, the address of that other website
Some of this information may be stored on your computer in the form of a cookie. This information helps the web server track such things as your preferences and any data you submit while browsing our website. You can remove these cookies by clearing your browser history.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We take your privacy very seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this policy. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services you have requested or enquired about. Such information will be non-intrusive and is processed on the grounds of legitimate interests
- To keep you informed about relevant developments and news
- To administer the website and for internal operations, including data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes (noting the only personal data collected is your IP address)
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to send relevant advertising to you
More specifically we will use your personal information as follows:
- When you send us an enquiry or email the personal details collected from you are stored electronically and can be accessed by us. We will use the information in order to respond to your request or otherwise reply to the subject of the enquiry or email. Remember that email is not necessarily secure against interception. If your communication is sensitive, you might want to send it by postal mail instead.
- If you have provided it, we may also use your contact information to let you know about our products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which may be of interest to you. Please see the ‘Your Rights’ section below for details about how to unsubscribe from these communications.
- When you register on our website we will use the information to provide you with information on the developments which you are interested in. We may also use your contact information to let you know about our other products, services, future developments, news, events or special offers which match your criteria or which may be of interest to you. You can change your contact preferences at any time by contacting us.
- When you visit our website (IP addresses and cookies) we will collect and store your IP address for statistical purposes. We use this information to analyse website traffic and usage. This information does not identify you personally unless you register or make an enquiry with us and we never combine it with other information you may have provided (i.e. by submitting an online enquiry).
You have the right to access any personal information that we process about you and to request information about:
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
You have the right to:
- Ask us to correct/complete any incomplete or inaccurate information you believe we may hold, which we will strive to do as quickly as possible unless we believe there is a valid reason for not doing, in which case you will be notified
- Request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws
- Object to any direct marketing from us, in which case we will remove you from our marketing lists
- Data portability of your information (where applicable)
- To be informed about any automated decision-making we may use
Our designated Data Protection Officer can be contacted at Winslade House, Manor Drive, Clyst St Mary, Devon, United Kingdom, EX5 1FY, or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request. This is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing And Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may appoint suppliers, sub-contractors or agents to assist us in managing or using your data (refer to the section above) and in order to provide you with other services that you request. Examples of such services include following up on enquiries made by you, providing further information on our products and arranging appointments, or in connection with reservation/purchase on our developments. Accordingly, we may pass on personal information you have provided to any of our approved suppliers, sub-contractors or agents for these purposes.
Examples of the kind of third parties we work with are:
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems
- Direct marketing companies who help us manage our electronic and printed communications with you
- Sales agencies working on our behalf
- Independent Financial Advisers (for limited pre-reservation purposes)
We take your privacy seriously and take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
Transfers Outside The EU
We may utilise some products or services (or parts of them) that are hosted/stored in non-EU countries, which means that we may transfer any information which is submitted by you through the website outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for the below purposes:
- Email marketing – e.g. Mailchimp.com
- Customer Relationship Management software – e.g. Insightly.com
The personal information you submit may (but is not at present) be stored on servers which are hosted in non-EU countries. Where this is the case, we will ensure that those providers use the necessary level of protection for your information and abide by strict agreements and measures set out by the ICO to protect your data and comply with the relevant data protection laws.
Consequences Of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our services/deliver your products/legitimate interests, we will not be able to offer some/all our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We only ever retain personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. Where we have entered into a contractual obligation we are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years, after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise or withdraw your consent.
Lodging A Complaint
Data Protection Officer
ONYX Business Parks Ltd
Exeter Science Park
6 Babbage Way
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, at:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office